Saturday, October 6, 2007

Lucky Me

Its my lucky day - just found out that I have won some Jenni Bowlin goodies from Tanya - just by commenting on her blog. Its made my day. Thanks so much.
I decided that this year I would do more things with my scrapbooking by getting more involved in it than just sitting at home and doing it, shopping or talking about it with my friend Heidi. Sooooo... I joined the SE forum (after being a lurker for some time) and what a fantastic bunch of ladies they are too. I started going along to crop nights at the shop and got to meet more people and see what they were doing. I even entered a competition for the first time ever and won a third and a spot prize. Its been a real confidence boost doing these things. After just being a reader/lurker of blogs I have finally created my own after putting it in the too hard basket for so long. And I have met a new friend - Tanya. I told her she was my good luck charm as since I have met her good things have been happening. Also got asked to do some layouts for display at the shop. That was a bit nerve-wracking. Whats up next - who knows!!!
As for normal everyday life, Alexia and I went to help out with a garage sale for the Guide fundraising for Jamboree to be held here in Christchurch, in January. We were on clean up and what a lot of stuff they had left over. She came home with a word processor that still goes and is in perfect condition and we got a stack of books that were on their way to the dump. They made about $1200. We have one more fundraiser to help out with in a couple of weeks and then thats it. Alexia is really excited about going to Jamboree as the Rangers have their own camp this time and she gets to fly a plane(???) and go scuba diving. Thats all we know about at this stage so I am sure that there will be other activities that will have her jumping up and down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome Vicki. You do wonderful work Vicki that is why I asked you to do the layouts for the shop. The Jenni Bowlin papers are so yummy and I want to see what you do with them. LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning Tanya's RAK. Can't wait to see the layouts you come up with using all your goodies.

It's great to have you on the SE forum. I found my scrapping improved so much since I joined, it's just so inspiring to have challenges and contests and just ideas from the other ladies.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time is being had by you!

Thank you for entering this cj round, i can't wait to see it...I love Jenni Bowlin product.

Vicki said...

I forgot about doing the CJ in my list of firsts. Thanks Debbie for reminding me.