Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My To Do List


Yep, its that time of year again. Only 6 weeks until Christmas. Loving it already. Have just about done all the shopping for those in Australia - just have to get a couple of things later this afternoon and then wrap and post. These wee books are what I have made for my nieces aged 6 and 4. They just have about 4 photos and are titled "A Little Book of Me". Lots of glitter and bling and pink!! Have just about finished the dog album for Andrew. Its been a sad one to do looking at all the photos and doing the journalling. Even Aaron said to me "Are you trying to make Dad cry?" I mean, what do you say to that? The kids shopping is all done apart from a couple of DVD's and just have to do the coupon books for them as well. I have made the canvas for me that the ladies made at SENZ - loving it - although its more of a noticeboard for me of when all the challenges are due. Now have to get some more of the papers to do one for my friend in Blenheim. Might just do my Christmas crackers at Tanya's crop next time I go as am a bit inspired to make better ones than I have other years after seeing them in my Making Memories Christmas book. Also now that I have seen Rochelles tree made from the same book would also like to give that a go. Theres baking to do and a cake to make as well as wrap the presents which seems to take forever so I tend to get onto it early. Now thats some list!! But am feeling quite organised this year and really looking forward to it all. Every year we have the big move around on the day trying to accommodate both families but this year is the first one Mum is in Australia for (after moving over there to live at the start of the year) and just feel that it would be quite nice to just stay at home for the day and enjoy it. Thats the plan at the moment anyway. Need to talk to my brother about that - hopefully he feels the same way. It was always stressful trying to organise and co-ordinate.


My girls finish school today and exams start on Monday. They have both done quite well in that going into the exams Rebecca has 74 credits and Alexia has about 67. (They only need 80 to pass). Alexia is not good at exams and tends to panic and then runs out of time. Rebecca just takes it all in her stride. It just seems so early to be finishing school though! The senior prize-giving is on tonight and they have both missed out on getting an award which is good in one way in that I don't have to go but a bit disappointed for them in missing out. Alexia said it was the first year that she wasn't getting anything .

Andrew is stressing big time as being Chairman of the Board he has to give a speech at the prize-giving. But I know he will be fine as he has done it plenty of times and been really good at it. He has been learning Maori all year and said he would be happier giving it Maori because then no one would know what he was saying!!

It is pouring with rain today and the Zone Sports have been postponed - Aaron is a bit disappointed about that as it means he will have to go to Technology instead where they are cooking. Don't think he is liking that as much as the other things he has done this year.

Next on the list is Janines CJ to do. A Secret Santa to think about and more shopping. I love shopping!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you seem super organised! I have only gotten a few presents so far and haven't even started on my Christmas cards and letter. But it's good to be prepared and have things done ahead of time, so good on you! Love those wee books you made, they are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

OMG I remember when I used to be organised for xmas.
Love the idea of the bling albums and the album for the dog - crying is good!
Havent even thought of xmas this year...but you have given me a topic for my blog lol

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am inspiring to be as organised as you Vicki. We have all of David's Christmas Presents including a Hill's swing set which we have to work out where to put and get Richard to put it up. I went to spotlight yesterday and got all my OTP stuff to get started on and then I have client's orders to make as well.
I agree those wee books are great, what did you use for the actual books?

Anonymous said...

Well you are very organised there Vicki. Just wish I was as organised. Haven't done any xmas shopping as yet but do know what we are doing. The books look fab and love the pink one...LOL!!!!
I bet it is sad doing the album for Andrew but he will love it.

Heidi said...

Hey Vicki - i hope you appreciate the great lengths i have just been through just to be able to leave a message on your blog!
The red shoes ARE very nice - when did you get those?? did Tanya buy them for you?? boo hoo i only got you frogs ... and theyre not on your blog!
looked at Janines box and it is nice but i dont think i'll be quite going to thos lengths - looked $2 shop for box but of course cant find any! bought a nice top though so all was not lost!!
c u later.