Thursday, November 15, 2007

L o n g Update

Thanks for the comments ladies and Debbie, it was your blog that got me thinking along Christmas lines!!! I think the wee books are Creative Imaginations but Tanya will correct me if I am wrong. Hey Michele, great layout in the latest UP 2 Scrap. Don't quite get the digital thing and what happens to it once you've finished it? Where does it go? Maybe when you have finished doing your Crafting Connection thing you can tell me.

Rebecca found out today that she got the job of "checkout chick" at the New World supermarket in town doing a 12-9pm shift on a Saturday. Yay - I don't have to pay pocket money anymore!! Will be good for her and give her something more to do once the exams are over so hopefully she will get more shifts over the holidays. She has been babysitting this week and raked in $70 over 2 nights. She got paid $50 for babysitting on Cup Night and I had to check with Leanne that that was what they meant to pay her as we decided that they must have been a tad tipsy when they left it out for her or they had a big win at the races. I remember being stoked at getting $10 for babysitting - must be inflation.

Andrew apparently did a good job on his speech and came home at 11.30pm!!! He was buzzing and was sitting on the bed talking nineteen to the dozen. I had to tell him to go away around midnight as I had to go to sleep and he came to bed around 2am!! One down and now just the junior prizegiving to go. He got given a huge bunch of flowers by some of the senior girls which was unexpected and he gave them to me - aw shucks!


Have bought a big tin at the Warehouse today in a mint green colour - its got Housekeepers Box written on the side and I plan on decorating it up to keep some of the crap on my desk in. It has a lift out bit in the top and a big space underneath so should be able to hide lots in it. There was also a peg basket which I might get next time but will probably be a bit flash to keep pegs in! LOL. Finally found the scrapbook frames there as well - spotted them ages ago and then they seemed to sell out but now have them so got a couple as well. Also got my Spongebob Squarepants christmas crackers which are going to look great on my white tree as they are red. So, yes I have had a wee spend today as well as doing the groceries and spending another small fortune there as well.


Also managed to fit in a birthday lunch with my friend Heidi at the Crepe Cafe - YUM.


Aaron went to the Zone Sports today and thinks he got near last in the discus and the team came third in the relay. He was happy and seems to have had a good day out. The bus didn't get back to school until 3.45pm so a few grumpy parents waiting - get over it!!


Off to get Rebecca as have been summoned to pick her up - next on the list - getting her driving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Vicki the books are from Creative Imaginations. Great looking layouts there Vicki. Congratulations Rebecca on becoming a checkout chick.

Mrs Frizz said...

Wow you have been busy and sounds like you are about to become a whole LOT busier as well.

Missed a word, don't you hate that when that happens. lol

Anonymous said...

hey vicki - just home tonight from Crafting Connections - thanks re the Up2Scrap Layout. I print them out - usually as 8x8 and keep them in an album of my digital layouts. Happy to answer any queries you may have. CC was brilliant - will update my blog when I get organised...have lots of projects to finish.
Talk soon
Michele