Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Its Been a Sad Day


Today I found our beautiful, 4 year old Siberian Husky, Jasper (Jazz) had died in the night. He didn't come in when I opened the door which is usual but when he still hadn't come in whilst I was doing breakfast I went looking for him and found him dead in the garden. It was a total shock for us all as he was young, fit and healthy. Don't know how, when or why. Andrew wasn't keen on taking him to the Vet to find out why. As he was such a big part of our family it has come as a total shock. The kids are all dealing with it in different ways - Aaron is bursting into tears and talking lots about him and looking at the photos. Rebecca is telling Aaron to shut up and acting like nothing happened and Alexia is somewhere inbetween. Andrew is gutted as he wanted a Husky for years and didn't anticipate having to bury him at 4 years old. As for me, I have lost my scrapping buddy as he always lay under my table and kept me company. He was the subject of my first ever scrapbook page. We are all feeling washed out and rather flat tonight. After the highs of my birthday yesterday and the lows of today hopefully tomorrow will bring brighter things for us all.




This is one of the layouts I entered into the SE Ultimate Scrapbookers Competition of our Jazz.



5 comments:

Jane said...

Oh VICKI I am so sorry for your loss.Tilly

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I'm really sorry to hear your loss Vicki. I was shocked when you text me this morning. He is such a beautiful dog and a very sad day for you all. Take care guys and I will talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh Vicki, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Thinking of you ((HUGS))

Beverley said...

That is so sad! My condolences to you and your family. Jazz looked like such a cool dog. Do you have any more clues as to why?

Meg McKenzie said...

So very very sorry to hear about your loss Vicki - we have only had our 2 a few weeks and I am very attached already!!!