Thursday, October 25, 2007

Why Is It That...

Why is that people are not nicer to each other? Why do they not care about other peoples feelings and feel that they can walk all over them to get what they want? Quite some time ago Meg wrote in her blog about something that had happened within the scrapbook industry - I don't know what she was referring to and quite frankly don't want to know. But at the time I thought that can't happen - its scrapbooking for goodness sake however since then I have changed my mind big time after what has happened to a friend within the industry. I find it hard to believe after all this person did that she was treated the way she was and now that she is out of that situation is better off for it. They have lost a very creative and dedicated person who was an asset to the business. So good luck my friend in your new endeavours and be assured that you have one supporter here.

In the past couple of weeks within our school community we have lost two young lives - one aged 10 through illness and the other aged 12 years through a very tragic accident yesterday. My condolences go out to both these families. When you hear of things like this it makes you want to hug your kids tighter and watch their every move to keep them safe in that big bad world. So when things happen like what has happened to my friend it really makes you wonder about some peoples priorities and just what they are thinking. I wonder if it was worth it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very upsetting that there is nastiness going on in the scrapbooking industry. I've never been on the receiving end of any of it (and not on the giving end either!) but I hear from other people that it does go on. I have no idea of any of the details and like you I don't want to know. But it's a real shame that it happens at all. Grown adults should know better. We teach our kids to be nice to each other, so we should be setting an example!

I'm very sorry to hear about the tragic deaths of 2 young people. It's just heartbreaking, I can't imagine how those families must be feeling right now. My heart goes out to them, and to those who know them.

Mrs Frizz said...

It's crazy ... there is absolutely no need for the nastiness ...

They have lost one very talented and creative paper expert through their own stupidity ...


But as one door closes another one opens ... you lot are going to have some cracker nights ... enjoy!!!