Sunday, October 14, 2007

SENZ

Well, where do I start. I have had the best couple of days. After the last SENZ in CHCH I was a bit nervous about going again as that one was disappointing but I booked the 3 day pass (and got a goodie bag). Didn't do any classes but next time will do so. I spent Friday just going round all the sites and shop, shop, shopping. Went by myself and was there right on 10am. Had a blast. Met up with Tanya inbetween her classes and also got to meet Michelle (Mrs Frizz) and Lynda (lmarie) from the SE Forum. Had the crop on Friday night with Judy, Tanya, Michelle and Lynda. Didn't get much done and lost a bit of momentum in having to do a table challenge in the middle of it. Thanks to Lynda we got a prize for the 8x8 layout she did. On Saturday I was back there, this time with the girls to do the day crop. Spent a lot of time getting them started and managed to sneak away to get some stamps for Judy and do a bit more shopping for me (had a shopping list from the day before). The girls wanted to do some shopping as well once the crop was finished and they got some bargains that they were happy with.

Had the SE get together at the shop on the Saturday night and met Julie, Gaye, Tracey, Mich (who looks nothing like her photo and I'm sorry but thought she was a customer in the shop when I arrived and didn't talk to her - so sorry Michelle) as well as Lynda, Michelle and of course Tanya. Thanks Tanya for organising it all and for the birthday gateau - a yummy Black Forest one best eaten with fingers - and also our pack of goodies. Its nice to be able to put faces to forum names now. Spent my birthday voucher on a Xyron sticker maker, Tombow glue and a lunchbox tin to decorate.

My best buys of SENZ were 2 sets of Autumn Leaves stamps that I have wanted for ages - one was Christmas that I haven't seen before. Also got Nic Howards book which I absolutely love and heaps of fabulous new papers. Lots of other bits and pieces that I am still sorting out and putting away.

Now back to normal life and have Louise's CJ to finish. Might give the Friday night challenge a go as have until tomorrow night for that one and have a couple of layouts needing some journalling which will finish them off.

So that's SENZ for another couple of years - might just start saving now!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time Vicki. Saturday night was awesome and glad you liked your birthday cake...LOL!! You will have to do classes next time, they were well worth it.

KiwiMich said...

Hey Vicki!
Yip think I am going to have to update my photo - hehe!
Had a great night meeting all the SE guys and extras, and yes a very yummy cake.
Will have to arrange another get together at some point next year. I might have to look into one of those scrap camps .... um sounds good!

Mrs Frizz said...

Hello from the bottom of the world ... great to meet up with you - it really was a full on three days. So yep, you will have to do some of the classes next time - you learn some wonderful techniques - some of them were amazing actually. Had a blast.
Take care.