Monday, December 31, 2007

Just Reflecting on 2007

I sit here at this time of night with one eye on Pretty Woman on the TV and the other on the neighbours fireworks and think about what I have done in 2007. Its been a busy year and seems to have gone really fast - perhaps too fast.

Personally I think I have stressed less and relaxed more about things. Andrew might say otherwise! Since giving up work 18 months ago it has taken me until about half way through this year to get to that point. I want to set some goals regarding family, home and finances. I want to address the imbalance of scrapbooking versus everything else especially housework. There are things around home that I meant to do when I finished work and they still haven't been done.

Scrapbooking wise it has been a fantastic year. I decided at the start of 2007 that there was more to it than sitting at my desk and doing it alone. So I joined the SE forum (after being a lurker for a while) and have met some wonderful people there and in real life too! Made a great new friend in Tanya. Loved meeting lots of SE ladies at SENZ. The biggie for me was taking part in the SE Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge - something I never thought I would do and even got a 3rd place for one of the layouts. I have taken part in challenges - again something I didn't feel confident about. Its a big thing to put what you are doing on display for others to see and judge. I made a blog and have surprised myself with the technology side of things including learning how to upload photos into galleries. Its been a big learning curve. I now know what a RAK is and what ROFL is - among others.

In reflection it has been a good year and am going to sit down with everyone tomorrow and see what they want to accomplish for 2008.

So Happy New Year everyone and many thanks for reading my blog and encouraging me along the way.

8 comments:

Alison said...

I just love your scrapbooking, I have just started doing of the page scrapbooking and doing a couple of coaster books of my sons at the moment which have been so much fun. Im new at the blogging so jsut having alook around hoping to find some online friends

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Vicki, it has been great getting to know you on the SE forum!

I hope 2008 brings you everything you want it to!

KiwiMich said...

Happy new year Vicki!
I too have enjoyed becoming a part of SE over the past year, and loved meeting you in ChCh, think I would be lost without the forum now! Helps me keep my scrapping mojo flowing! :)
Looking forward to meeting up with you again one day!

Anonymous said...

HAHA, I stayed up last night to and watched Pretty Woman. Good luck and Best wishes Vicki for 2008. tanyaleigh!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Vicki! All the best for 2008!

Mrs Frizz said...

Well Happy New Year to you and your family.

You've gotta love the friendships formed as a result of scrapping ...

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and all the very best for 2008! It's been great getting to know you through SE and now your blog. I hope you achieve that "balance" you are searching for. It's definitely important. Online life and hobbies can take over but then that's not really the way it should be ... I think you're right to find a good "happy medium" and I'm positive you'll get there.

Angela said...

Welcome to 2008 Vicki, you sound like you've achieved some things this past year, lets hope it continues.