Monday, December 17, 2007

Rarotonga - NOT!

Today I "did" Christmas with my friend and neighbour Heidi. We went out to Rangiora for the day - did the scrapbook shop, lunched, opened presents and shopped. One of her children thought we were off to Rarotonga - didn't we wish! Many, many thanks Heidi for a really good day out and my present. She gave me a DVD of The Holiday and some Provocraft black and white lettering that I soooo needed. LOL. It was so hot again today but windy with it. Was so tiring that I even had a nana nap around 4pm. Aaron woke me at 5pm wanting food - what else!

Have been working on Aarons volcano power point presentation which is being presented to the class either tomorrow or Wednesday. Who does this sort of thing in the last days of school - I thought it was time to be winding down? My brain is just not up to this sort of thing at this time of year. I have a sneaky suspicion that he has known about it for a while and been working on it in class and just not managed to get it finished. He is neither confirming or denying. Got his school report and its pretty good although he has to focus more on finishing things (haven't I just mentioned that) and also work on his presentation. No surprises there - his handwriting for a 12 year old is appalling and who cares how many times he crosses things out, spells wrong and leaves out capital letters!!! Just basic stuff that I would have thought he would know going into Year 8. He doesn't care. But I do, unfortunately for him. On the whole though, he has had a really good year - is with a great bunch of friends and maybe even grown up a little bit and become a bit more responsible. (At home its a different story though). Am very proud of him and its a bit hard to think of my baby being in his last year of primary school next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Rarotonga is a *little* different to Rangiora!! But sounds like you had a wonderful day!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day and I had to laugh about the name mix up!