Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Beautiful Day

We sure have had a lovely day. This morning I went for a walk around our Botanical Gardens. We are not called the Garden City for no reason. It was just beautiful and with the change in seasons such a lot of colour. Definitely an autumn feel about things with the chestnuts on the ground and did see some lovely pink flowers from late bulbs. There were lots of tourists around taking photos. It seemed like every man and his dog and every mum and her pram were out walking. A few joggers as well - not for me though - too many wobbly bits when I run!!! LOL. This was all at 9am this morning too!

But do you know what I really noticed - that if you smile and say hello to people - THEY DO IT BACK!

Happy Autumn Days everyone.

8 comments:

tanyaleigh said...

Sounds like you had a lovely walk this morning Vicki. Am having a coffee and just about spat all over the scream when I read the end of your post......LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

What a neat post - you are right about that last part. Thanks for the reminder that we can all do our bit to be more friendly to other people. Smiling at someone could make their day :-)

Sounds like a really lovely morning for you. You're lucky to live in a beautiful area with gardens like those.

Mrs Frizz said...

You and your wobbly bits ... what wobbly bits!!!

Yep, you can't beat a smile ...

Anonymous said...

Awesome post Vicki. I heard somewhere that our Army are taught to smile at everyone and that is why they are so popular around the world.
Yes Chch is beautiful! I really did fall in love with it on our last visit. Mind you that may have had something to do with the lovely company we were with. but I have been gently nudging DH to check if there are any jobs there for him.

Anonymous said...

I love the garden city, welly doesn;t have the same appeal in autumn.

Beverley said...

I agree with Janine - you hardly notice autumn in Wellington. Also in Wellington because it's hilly, when you smile and say hello to people while walking - it comes out all heavy breathing like - not quite the same friendly effect that was intended!

Anonymous said...

I love Autumn, its my favourite season. I love to drive up to Queenstown around this time of the year - the colours are truly spectacular! And yep isn't it a great feeling when you smile at someone and the smile back.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend your morning! great that people smile back!

My mum always says Hi to people where ever she is and unfortunatly in Auckland sometimes gets strange looks when she is up from down south seeing us!