Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bits and Pieces

First up - look what I got today at our LSS. Very cool and there is a postage stamp shape that I will get as soon as I sell some more stuff on Trade Me. LOL. Thanks for the coffee and company today Tanya.


Also here is my take on the Friday Night Challenge. Didn't get it done on time as was a bit confused over what words were to be used as some put them relating to their life so far (which I thought it was) and others chose words describing themselves now. So I did both and have put them in my Book of Me. Part of the challenge was just to do the words with no explanation as to why you chose those words but think words like painful and stressful need a bit of explaining. Painful = 3 childbirths, 1 miscarriage and 2 surgeries over the years. Stressful = the building of 4 houses over the years - no wonder I am going grey!

Left side - yep thats me.


Right side.


Am seriously thinking of changing over to wordpress but have seen Beverleys blog where she did a post just commenting on the comments. So here goes:

To Trace - thanks so much for the offer of a bed but don't really like my chances of being able to get up there for a crop anytime soon. You also get this award because I think you and I are in the same boat when it comes to learning about all the bloggy and computer stuff and we can learn from each other.


To Yvette - should have given you my cell phone number and will email you with it so that we might be able to have a chat over coffee next time you are in Christchurch under nicer circumstances.

To Hay - No. 38 is expensive. Good luck with that.

To Janine W - get well!!!

To Lesli - thanks for commenting on my blog from the other side of the world. Am taking those sketches to Tanya's crop tomorrow night and will share when done.

To Beverley - thanks for the instructions on how to "do a link".

Finally got all the photos loaded - seems to have taken all day and guess what six weeks today, we will be in Australia. Yahoo! The countdown has begun and starting to get excited now.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on working out the linking thing, I only learnt that recently too!
Oh yes send me your number. Not sure when we will be back down your way, but it won't be all that long now that one of my closest friends is down there as wellas my family!
I love those crafters workshop templates. I spyed them in a LSS down there, wonder if it was the same one. I loved the butterfly template!

Beverley said...

Ooooh that princess crown is awesome! And yay for getting the linky thing sussed! It's a good idea doing two layouts for that Friday night challenge - both interpretations are interesting as layouts.

Anonymous said...

Nice templates - I spied them the other day at a Scrapbook store and thought they were very nice!
Great job on the challenge too - I like both your layouts and interpretations.

Anonymous said...

Lol, well okay then. Perhaps I'll just go with the digital scrapbooking like Hannah suggested!
Love your creativity.

Julie said...

Great to see your layouts from the CJ's - wasnt it fun? I really really like the crown template, hmmmm

Anonymous said...

I love the crafter's workshop templates as well...I gott the princecess crown a few weeks ago and can't wait to use it!

Love your layouts!

Trace said...

Those templates rock Vicki! Can't wait to see what you get up to using them...and thanks for the award, yep sure are learning - on a daily basis - all this IT stuff!

Anonymous said...

Your BOM looks great Vicki - you're kids will definitely appreciate it one day....and its quite fun to do too aye?

If you're taking a poll - my vote is that you shift to wordpress - then I dont have to re-do all my info with every comment lol

Mrs Frizz said...

Love the template as well and awesome layouts ... any layout/instructions will always be open to interpretation.

6 weeks to go ... not long now - woo hoo.

Anonymous said...

WOW VICKI AWESOME!! Ha ha and now I have a face to put to the name YAY!! Thank you soo much for the award, now i just need to figure out how to work them on my blog - hmmmmm ??

Yay you !! Always stunning work - Have a cool day tomorrow, are your gonna come play at Se tomorrow night, if so see you then :)

Anonymous said...

Vicki, aren't those templates the cutest? I went into a shop recently and saw all the new ones and my heart just about exploded. LOL.

Love your pages. Very cool. Especially love the right hand one with the scrolls. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hey love the princess template thats very cool, I won the other temaplte a few weeks ago and am yet to use it. Loved your page in my cj and loved your page in kellys cj which I have. I was telling Tanya Leigh that we love the same relaity progs. Not many sleeps now till your trip in oz.

Lesli said...

Thanks so much - I love coming here - one of the nice things about the internet and blogging - you get to meet some wonderful people who otherwise you would have never had the opportunity to befriend.