Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Why Is It that...

....everything happens in a short week. Have just realised that Rebecca is out every night this week either working or at a friends 17th birthday. Aaron had a school trip yesterday doing the waste thing ie. he visited the landfill, the refuse station and also "The Shed" where they sell recycled stuff. Tomorrow he has the zone swimming sports. Alexia is also on a school biology trip tomorrow. For only 4 days before Easter it just seems like everything is crammed in. My friend Judy would laugh at me and tell me to "just breathe".

Last week I received an email from Telecom saying that I needed to update our email settings to ensure that we could continue to send emails. Yesterday I had a lady ring me to help me do this. Today I get a letter saying it has to be done by the 18th to ensure that we will still be able to send and receive emails. So what happens - I try to do it myself and get stuck so I ring the help desk only to find out that we are OK and don't need to do anything. What the....!!!!

Here are some layouts I have finished. This first one is from the Basic Grey March sketch and have tried to upload to their gallery but don't quite get that either (apparently its not square - bit tricky for me seeing as its a double layout). I am such a technophobe but hey I'm learning. LOL.



This second one is one of Trinas sketches:

And a scraplift of Tanya's. Tried out my new grunge board for the first time - very cool stuff.


Check out what Tanya is up to. Such exciting news - all the best with that my friend and can't wait to see what you will have coming up.

Also saying hello to Five-Browns (Mel, I think) from Cape Town. She "found" me through Lesli's blog. Thanks for visiting. Yahoo - I've gone international. ROFL.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy week at your place!! I hate it when things "sneak up" on you. The fact that Ethan is off school the Tuesday after Easter has only just hit me ... and I'm working, so it's going to be fun!!!!

The layouts are great, and I particularly love the last one. Isn't grungeboard WAY COOL??

Julie said...

LOL at your last comment on being international - very cool!! What a busy week - I have just the opposite - thank goodness - a whole week of R and R - and I desperately need it!!
The layouts are so neat - I love the lift and the sketch and the... okay I love them all - ;O)

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy in the Parker household!

Love your layouts, especially the last one, I love the lettering!

Lol at the gone international comment!

Alison said...

Love all these layouts Vicki...may i ask what may be a silly question but what is grungeboard?

Anonymous said...

I can relate with the short weeks Vicki - will be nice to have the long break though.

Love the layouts - you've been really busy with all your scrapping lately. Well done!

Dont forget to post pics of your CJ.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you've been international for a while now!!! I'm Swedish, remember? LOL

LOVE your LO's! The "Cheeky" one is my favourite, totally fabulous!!!

Beverley said...

'International' aye? And I knew you when ... Love the basic grey layout - that was the sketch I was looking for a few days ago! Not sure about the square photo thing - it's kind of difficult when it's a double layout. When you figure it out - let me know! Hope your week is a good one - even if it is rather busy.

Trace said...

Phew, I can see why your friend tells you just to breathe, what a busy week! And so are you ready to throttle telecom then!! Just think Vicki soon it will be the weekend and you will be able to admire your new look garden (while sipping on your G & T) LOL!

Mel said...

Yup, its me Mel! Oy, your kids sound busy - guess that is what is waiting for me in about 10yrs...

Love your LO's - have been eyeing that BG one for awhile - I so hope ot find time soon to do it aswell. Schools close here on Thurs for 3wks so my time will belong to 3 very little people....

Am with Alison...what is a grungeboard?

Anonymous said...

Wow I love your layouts and what a cool idea using 3's as E's I always run out of E's and never thought of that !!!

Oh man you sound flat out, dont worry soon you can have a long weekend and some time to just relax (I hope) :)

Lesli said...

Absolutely gorgeous LO's - I really love the Friends LO - gorgeous blues! Thanks for the shoutout to my blog!

Mrs Frizz said...

Love everyone of those layouts Vicki - awesome ... have been waiting to see what you were going to do with the young man and the picture frame ... brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Those layouts are really awesome Vicki, so you like the grungeboard then??? Good luck iwth the BG upload thingy. Wow that is a very buy week, funny how it all just gets crammed in though.......enjoy your easter though and the big lawn/garden project that you have planned.

Angela said...

Yes, the days do fly by....... and it won't be long till Australia, will it?