Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Busy Weekend

Yesterday was one of those days spent round home just doing anything and everything. The Christmas lights have finally come down and had the spiders dusted off and packed away. Also been round the spouting and brushed off the spiders and then sprayed just to make sure they stay away. We have quite a few round the place and amongst the plants not to mention the odd white-tail spider found crawling across the carpet. These ones give me the heebie-jeebies.

Definitely an autumn feel about the place now with the leaves on the cherry trees starting to change. Had a bit of prune in the garden and planted up some bits and pieces given to us from my in-laws who have a wonderful garden. Also picked the last of the big tomatoes and the caterpillers can have the rest. Still lots coming on the cherry tomatoes though.

Andrew sprayed the weeds last weekend in preparation for our big thing in the garden over Easter. Are finally going to cut the lawn edging to make our gardens. Every summer I have had the excuse that it is too dry to do it and the edge will all crumble and every autumn/winter I have had the excuse that it is too wet to do so next weekend he has no excuse! Four years is a bit long to wait.

Today Rebecca had the day off and we went shopping. She has worked most weekends and I told her that it was OK to say no as she has been left with no time to actually spend some of the money she has been working so hard for. Today was the day and even then she got rung this morning to see if she could work. She is happy and now owns 2 more pairs of shoes, a big canvas to decorate, beads to make jewellery, beading magazine, book and photos printed off. A good day for her.

Have finished a couple of layouts over the last week.

This is a scraplift. Thanks Tanya.



This is from the SE February Kit instructions. Am quite enjoying doing the odd girlie page at the moment. Thanks Janine. I do appear to have a bit of a thing for striped paper! LOL.

Thats about it for now - off to check my bloglines.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

eww at the white tail spiders. Oh have fun with the garden over easter. Go Rebecca sounds like a great shopping day. What bliss. Love your layouts Vicki.

Julie said...

Your layouts are so cool! That one you lifted I have lifted as well lol - must be a hit layout!!! I got all my gardens under control yesterday, but with autumn coming it had to be done. :o(

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very productive day! LOL at taking down Christmas lights in March!!! :-)

Great lift of Janine's layout!

Anonymous said...

Lovely LO's as per usual! Might have to lift the lift... :)

Mrs Frizz said...

Ewwwww at the spiders as well ... I so DO NOT DO spiders at all!!! We used to spray out at Otatara, don't know about in town tho ... awesome layouts.

Nothing like a little retail therapy from time to time.

Roo said...

Sounds like a busy time in the garden coming up :-)
Great lo's

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend you had.
Yay to shopping! Sometimes I wish I had a daughter so I could go shopping with her!
Your layouts are great!

tanyaleigh said...

Very busy weekend there Vicki. And yahoo to shopping...LOL!!!
Love the layouts. Well done you!

Mel said...

Woo hoo, a blogger from the same hemisphere as me! Autumn nip too here in Cape Town. Got your link from Lesli's blog - Love your LO's ! Will be back....

Trace said...

Roll on Easter weekend then Vicki, you'll be looking forward to the end result with your gardens. Gorgeous layouts once again!

Lesli said...

Wonderful LO's - I always enjoy reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

We have white tails too and any I see have a VERY SHORT LIFE LOL - bittne by one once but not to bad just itchy -grrrr

OMG you lifted my layout I am so honoured and humbled, really I think it is stunning and I love the photo and I love the way you have made it your own - AWESOME!!!

Thank you so much this is sooo flattering and has really made my day - Thank you sooo much :)