Sunday, January 20, 2008

Domestic Bliss!!!

Yeah Right!! With Alexia home from Jamboree today I now have a mountain of stinky washing to do. Couldn’t resist taking this photo of her with the worst of it! Everything else is either soaking or already on the line.



She has had a blast and talking non stop about everything – what she did, what she spent, what other people did, what other people said – blah blah blah. You get the picture. Am so happy that she had a really good time and feel like it was money well spent (even if I did think she was rather ungrateful about it). We were a pair of worriers about her especially after reading through previous posts but am glad she’s home and the noise level reflects that. Am thinking I might make her up a little album of it all as she has two films to get developed and her unit leader is sending everyone a CD of photos that they have put together. After going round to see Nana & Grandad to fill them in, she is now catching up on last weeks episodes of Shortland Street. Tele addict that she is!!

After reading Trina’s blog about her family growing and then harvesting food from her garden – I can now really relate. Here are my meager offerings – the first of many judging by the triffids growing out the back. They have been carefully tended by staking, watering and pinching out the tops and it’s a first for me. Other years tomatoes have just been left to fend for themselves so its been pot luck whether they even survived. I am off to skite to my father-in-law as he gave me half of his plants and the ones he kept are much smaller than mine!


On the scrapbooking front have finished my pages for Donna's CJ and also finished my layout for the Friday Night Challenge at SE. Had to use blue/orange or pink/orange, old stickers and title of Summer Days. Have used the January Kit.



Now off to finish the January sketch challenge which is half done on my desk.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad she had a good time - but I don't envy you doing all that washing!!!

Roo said...

Oh my on the state of the clothes lol but at least she had a good time.
Great lo too.
Oh and those tomotoes are a fine start to your garden. Love cherry tomotoes

Trace said...

Bet those tomatoes taste good! Hope your getting through your mountain of washing!!

Angela said...

Hi Vicki

I'm a bit the same as you with tomatoes, last year I just left them, and it showed, this year we have been a bit more caring, and again it shows, although they were left a week with no water, and I'm not sure they'll cope.

Email me about Aus, four.mcs at xtra.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Alexia, sounds like you had a great time. Glad it isn't me doing all the washing...LOL!! Love your layout Vicki, Very cool! tanyaleigh!

tanyaleigh said...

Just me again, just tried to log in to blogger as was having trouble and wanted to try leaving a comment to see if it works. Sorry Vicki but you are the guineapig...LOL!!!