Thursday, January 17, 2008

This and That

Have had a busy couple of days and boy has it been hot. Been joking with family in Oz that our temperatures are higher than theirs and that was the reason why Mum moved there. LOL.

Have been aquagjogging and am exhausted. Its hard to believe that I have lost my fitness so quickly as I haven't been since before Christmas. Andrew and Aaron came too and just had a swim and a play. Just as well we went early as it got really busy. Today we all went again, this time with Heidi and it was great to have a catch up as its been a while and also makes the time go faster when you have someone to talk to.

Rebecca didn't come with us again and we are slowly coming round to the fact that this is the way its going to be from now on. She went off shopping with her friend and then on to work at 4pm so haven't seen her since 9am this morning. Have heard from Alexia and she has "played in the mud", been surfing and today was up in the plane. She wanted her NCEA results and am glad to say that she has passed. We had strict instructions to text her when we had found out but haven't heard from her since. I am really pleased with her as I think she underestimated herself and has done better than she thought. Andrew now owes her a chocolate fish. More about Rebeccas later as she doesn't yet know her results although Andrew & I have had a sneaky look!!!

Hired a couple of DVD's - latest Harry Potter and the Fantastic Four Silver Surfer. I am sooo over Harry Potter. It was a bit hard going and Aaron really liked the Fantastic Four. I wanted to see Ratatouille(?) - next time!

I got my SE Kit today and can't wait to get started on using it. It is perfect for all the summery photos and in particular will be great for boy pages which just fits what I am doing with Aarons album.

We are off to Hanmer tomorrow - again with just Aaron - and will have a soak in the hot pools. This was his wish for the holidays and he is cashing in his coupon for a Date with Dad/Mum from the book I made him for Christmas. Will try and remember to take some photos that are different to every other time we have been! The weather is supposed to be a lot cooler tomorrow so should be quite nice and are looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Trace said...

Good for you going aquajogging. It's amazing how quick you lose your fitness isn't it. Have fun tomorrow up at Hamner!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Alexia for the PASS and best of luck Rebecca for your results. Enjoy Hanmer Guys, hope the weather there is better than here. It was so HOT yesterday and now it's raining. YUK!!! tanyaleigh!

Anonymous said...

You are right, it's HOT!
The aquajogging would be nice in a way ... being in the water is much nicer than being at the gym! I'm finding my workouts so hard in this heat.

Congrats to Rebecca on her NCEA results. I remember what it was like waiting for the postie to arrive on "the day". I guess now you can look online or even text to get your results!!! LOL

Enjoy Hamner Springs. Man, I love it there!!!! Sooooo want to visit again, it's been almost 5 years since I was there.

PS. I'm very keen to see what you create with the SE kit, so be sure to share! :-)