Thursday, January 31, 2008

End of January

Where did that month go to? Gone in the blink of an eye and on to February.

Its been a muddly week. Dropped off the car to be fixed and boy did it need a lot of fixing – Andrew lost the brakes driving it there! Turned out to be not as expensive a fix as we initially thought but still something we could have done without at this time of year. Now the other one needs a tune up (says Andrew).

Andrew went back to work today for the first time in 5 weeks. He took his long service leave and let me tell you it’s been a very long holiday. He was not looking forward to it and I did not really appreciate the alarm going off at 6am. For me its been a taste of what life could be like when he retires – I think he needs a few hobbies just so that he doesn’t know what I do with mine and how much I spend. LOL.

Talking of spending – had a bit of a spurge on Monday with Tanya, Meg and Megs friend Sharon. Nice to meet you at last Miss Meg. First time I have been near the scrapbooking shops all holidays and was hanging out a bit for it as well. Just bought some papers, stitching templates and Thickers lettering – seem to have a bit of a thing for this at the moment. Afterwards Tanya & I went out for tea and had Thai – very yummy it was too. It was just about the last supper and was happy to get home in one piece – isn’t that right Tanya!!! ROFL.


I had to go and sort out the girls courses for this year and there were a lot of other girls there doing the same - says a lot for exam results. Now its really up to the timetable people as to whether or not they are able to change into what they want and also how many are already in those classes. $300 later and I guess we will just have cross our fingers (and no that wasn't a bribe - just school fees and course fees) LOL.


Have been scrapping but nothing really wonderful - I call those pages "duty" pages. You know, they are the ones that you feel should be scrapped to tell the story ie Christmas and birthday and then it gets to a point where there are only so many pages you can do of kids opening presents and standing by a tree!!! Duty pages!!! I did get some new photos printed today but are definitely getting more selective in what gets scrapped. Might share a layout or two tomorrow. Got some more ink for the printer so can now finish Debbies CJ as there was too much journalling to just write it out. Only 3 to go until mine comes home. Yahoo - can't wait!

Am flicking between writing here and the chat room at SE - talking to Angela and Tanya - hi guys. Well can't really concentrate on both so will be off for now.

1 comment:

tanyaleigh said...

OMG!!! I feel really bad Vicki. I'm really really sorry for that, I was so busy talking to you I missed the light. LOL!!! Please forgive me and I won't do it again. Man, it's like answering to mum....ROFLMAO!!! See you this afternoon.