Sunday, February 24, 2008

Challenges

Have been scrapping this weekend. Heres my effort for the Friday Night Challenge. Not too sure about all the patterned paper but hey its another layout done.

Have caught up to date with the February Book of Me Challenge as well. Just to explain. I have decided to do an acrylic album but am doing it also based on the gratitude journals where you put together an album with all different sized papers, tags etc. This is the first page. It is a transparency over the acrylic page. Took me ages to work out to do the acrylic and ended up just putting paper over it - will get better as time on goes I guess. Need to do some research on this one. May yet replace the transparency with acrylic as I don't think it is going to stand the test of time.



Here is the second page which was to scrapbook your receipts. I did this by way of a shopping list of what I spent last pay day. This page also has a transparency with the title and rub ons over the bottom half of the page. Please note this does not include any scrapbooking "stuff" as it probably needs a page all its own! LOL.

Here is the title page for a Magic Carpet ride - where would you go?

And the pages it relates to...

And finally for the February challenge - What 3 things would you grab in a hurry? I came up with a long list but narrowed it down to these 3 and then realised that Trace had come up with the same things. Oops sorry Trace - I didn't copy - honest!

Now I realise that there are no photos as per the challenge and I haven't done it exactly as mentioned in the challenges but as I already have a 12x12 and 8x8 album on the go. I just wanted to do something a bit different for this Book of Me. And thats that.

8 comments:

Alison said...

Great layouts. I love your book of me album its great. i really should get mine done

Anonymous said...

very cool BOM album and I loved your Friday challenge, I nearly used the same papers lol.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the layout and your acrylic BOM album looks awesome!!! Well done completing all the challenges Janine and I set you! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow - you're amazing to have gotten all those challenges done! And I'm sure there are no rules to the size etc of a BOM - it's just important to have some pages I think. Go you!

tanyaleigh said...

Like I said today I love your layout for the Friday night challenge and your BOM album is very cool. You have done a fab job. Keep up the great work Vicki.

Mrs Frizz said...

Brilliant ... absolutely brilliant and your BOM can be put together any way you want it to be put together ... after all, it's your BOM. Awesome!!!

Love the pics of your daughter ... best you save the draw bit till another day ... lol.

Beverley said...

I love your BOM it is fantabulous! Really, it looks awesome and it's you and it's original and I like it. Well done on doing all the challenges.

Anonymous said...

love it Vicki - your BOM is awesome!!
Ash is going to the concert too with a friend and her mum!!