Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 4

Here is my Day 4 photo.



I have high hopes for this scrapbook because it is Aarons homework book and already after one day there are at least 6 pages pasted into it to be completed over the next fortnight. He was not impressed but when he really looked at it (and did it) he found that it wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be. We did wonder why he needed five of them!!! LOL.

He had a really good day at school and his teacher seems nice although Aaron said that she talked all day. They now have budgies and goldfish in the classroom as well as the reintroduction of "the mat" which they all thought they had left behind long ago. His friends have really shot up over the holidays and are now on eye level with me - very scary.

The girls also went this afternoon for an hour and a half to find out their form rooms. Rebecca was wanting to switch from Physics and Chemistry to Classical Studies and Tourism and found out today that this has been OK'ed by the powers that be, so she is happy. Alexia is also happy because the Maori language class that she was going to be in, and then not, due to it being cancelled is now back in it. At least she will now be able to have a conversation with Andrew as he is continuing with his course as well this year.

Have scrapped Alice's CJ today and nearly finished it. Watch out Michele as it may be coming your way real early!

5 comments:

Trace said...

Glad his first day is over, now he knows his teacher etc.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness teh mat at that year level......eeeks. I can see that was well received. Eeeks 6 pages of homework lol and thats just teh first or second day....

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the first day went well - I guess it's always the hardest part! Ethan is nervous about going back on Thursday, because he has a new classroom and a new teacher (and the little guy has only been at school for 6 months, so it's all very new to him).

Roo said...

Good that the first day is over - eep hope the homework isn't too bad through the year

Yvette said...

It sounds like your kids have all had a good start to the year. Considering I have only just started visiting your blog I am not sure how old your boy is? Tobyn is in a year 5/6 class and they have always had 'mat' time. But if they had not had it and then got it back it would seem kind of babyish I imagine.

I have that exact same project book which I am making a 'book about me' for my little 2 year old.